Re: [Exim] email delays still? (fwd)

Author: Richard G. Duvall
To: Tabor J. Wells
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] email delays still? (fwd)
Well, we get many calls a day to our tech support line, but it's not
always the same customer. I have never seen it myself personally, so I am
kind of working in the dark as well. What happens is a customer calls in
and says that they receive a message a week after it was sent. I just got
another customer a few minutes ago saying that 80% of their test messages
they send get there, but 20% shows up a few days later...

I see in my PC pine when sending messages now and then that the SMTP fork
failed. I am wondering if it is related. Maybe the fork failed on those
messages as well, and it queues it for later delivery.

If you havn't seen the problem, then nevermind... I was just curious if
anybody else has experienced it, and could point me where to look to start
troubleshooting it. It's hard to troubleshoot being that it is a sparatic
issue.

Sincerely,

Richard G. Duvall