Re: [Exim] Extending RBL handling

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users, alan, alan
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Extending RBL handling
ph10@??? said:
[on the behaviour of /warn continuing on to further tests or not]
> It used to be like that, but I was asked to change it so that you
> could get multiple warnings ("this host is in both ORBS and RBL"). I
> suppose one could implement /warnend to give the other behaviour, but
> I am not sure that it is worth it.

A DNS lookup is *relatively* expensive, so some people might well be
interested in not having additional ones that they feel unnecessary.
However I'm pretty easy on this.

alan@??? said:
> A host being listed as OK by ORBS is no guarantee that it's alright.
> There are currently around 1200 entries in MAPS RSS which are also in
> ok.orbs.org.

Thats a admin usage issue... I think that exim *should* support the
idea of RBL white lists... its just that there may be no useful ones
available at present :-) [and an MAPS/RSS lookup ahead of the ok.orbs
list would fix that]

I've attempted to try and ensure we leave *policy* to the system admin
- we need hooks to allow their policy to be implemented.

    Nigel.

[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]