Re: [Exim] locking: documentation seems out of sync

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Peter Galbavy
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] locking: documentation seems out of sync
On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Peter Galbavy wrote:

> I have a forwardfile director that has file_transport set to "address_file"
> which did look like this:
>
> address_file:
> driver = appendfile
> current_directory = LOOKUP_BOXDIR
> delivery_date_add
> envelope_to_add
> return_path_add
> mbx_format

You should probably also add

    prefix =
    suffix =

because you don't need them with MBX.

> But it failed to deliver to am open imap mailbox, and debug level 9 showed
> it not foind an MBX style lock but a hitching post (and?) a fcntl one.

Oops. This is a bug. Thanks for the report.

> Am I (a) going mad, (b) are the docs out of sync or (c) is there something
> about running a filter that screws things up ?

(a) No. (b) No. (c) Yes. It works as documented only if the "file"
option is set on the transport. I will fix in due course. In the
meantime, you have found the workaround.

> Is doing the above "safe" when using a c-client derived (very very derived)
> pop3 / imap server ?

Pass.