Re: [Exim] Question/Problems with local_domains

Author: Philip Hazel
To: David M. Zendzian
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Question/Problems with local_domains
On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, David M. Zendzian wrote:

> Ok, now for my problem. I have configured exim for a friends domains,
> of which he hosts several. So, I have set is local_domains as:
>
> local_domains = lsearch;/etc/virtual-domains
>
> and the contents of /etc/virtual-domains are:
> localhost
> linux646.dn.net
> 3d-unlimited.com
> *.3d-unlimited.com

^^
^^
That won't work unless you either

(a) Set the search type to partial-lsearch instead of lsearch;

(b) Omit lsearch; altogether, so the file is just read as an
interpolation in the list.

> net-unlimited.net
> *.net-unlimited.net
> quantum9.com
> *.quantum9.com
> console-unlimited.com
> *.console-unlimited.com
> planetnukem.com
> *.planetnukem.com
> saiyan.net
> *.saiyan.net
> vertigoextreme.com
> *.vertigoextreme.com
>
> However, I am getting lowest MX record errors for quantum9.com &
> saiyan.net
> (2000-01-10 02:36:59 lowest MX record for quantum9.com points to local host)

Odd. Have you tried running

exim -d9 -bt xxx@???

to see if the debugging information is any help?

> All other domains are working fine! Just those 2 not working.

I don't believe that xxx.3d-unlimited.com, for example, works!