Re: [Exim] restricted virt domain with /dev/null for rest

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Randy Bush
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [Exim] restricted virt domain with /dev/null for rest
On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Randy Bush wrote:

> > bogus_local:
> > driver = smartuser
> > local_parts = user0:user1
> > domains = bogus.com
> > new_address = ${local_part}@???
> > no_more
>
> ok. i had to also have bogus.com in local_domains.

Yes.

> but it is not rejecting messages to user42 at smtp time a la
> receiver_verify, which i need or i get massive queues of frozen
> undeliverable responses to fake spam sources.

Did you remember to HUP the Exim daemon after setting receiver_verify?

You can test the verification code with

exim -bv user42@???

Actually, I think I can see the flaw above. It is that no_more only
operates if the driver runs, and it only runs if "local_parts" matches.
So user42@??? is falling through, and presumably being treated as
a local part at your normal domain. I suggest you remove the no_more,
and add another director below bogus_local:

bogus_reject:
driver = smartuser
domains = bogus.com
new_address = :fail: Unknown local part

You need to be running at least release 3.10 to use that feature of
new_address.

(The alternative to this is to add a "domains" option to all the
subsequent directors that lists all your local domains *except*
bogus.com.)