Re: [Exim] receiver_verify and require_files problem

Author: Peter Radcliffe
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] receiver_verify and require_files problem
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> probably said:
> address. That is, it is during message reception. This means that Exim
> no longer has any root privilege and is running as the Exim user.
> Consequently it is unable to change uid/gid to anything else to do the
> check.

Thats what I feared :/

> to a foreign host. You will have to work around it in your
> configuration. When verifying an address, do you really care if the user
> is a procmail user or not? Presumably not. Therefore, why not put
> no_verify on that director - cf the default userforward director.

Ah, of course ... I should have thought of that.
Tested and all works as expected now.

> I will have to put come careful commentary into the documentation about
> this one. The only other way round it is not to define an Exim user, and
> run as root, but I would certainly not recommend that.

Ah, no, I don't think I'll be doing that :)

> Thanks for the report, and sorry about the mess.

Sorry it took so long to reply - hadn't had a change to mess with that
machine (in service and all that).

P.

--
pir                  pir@???                    pir@???