Re: [Exim] Basic exim domain alias question

Author: Scot Elliott
To: Keith Pettit
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: Re: [Exim] Basic exim domain alias question
My virtual aliases work with a a Director that goes above system_aliases:

in main section:
EXIM_DB=/usr/local/exim/db

in Directors:
virtual_aliases:
        driver = aliasfile
        require_files = EXIM_DB/aliases-$domain
        file = EXIM_DB/aliases-$domain
        search_type = lsearch*
        user = exim
        file_transport = address_file
        pipe_transport = address_pipe

This lets you put files called, eg. aliases-wibble.org and aliases-foo.bar
there containing stuff like:

    scot:    mrfoo@???
    *:    mrsfoo@???

which sends everything apart from "scot" to mrsfoo, and "scot" to mrfoo.
But Note that this is dangerous if you let normal users edit the file, as
any pipes will run as the Exim user...

Hope that helps

Scot

How can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's
in the team?...                                              Billy Bragg.