[Exim] MBX format mailboxes

Author: Scot Elliott
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] MBX format mailboxes
Hi.

I've been trying to get Exim v3.12 and Pine to work together nicely using
MBX format boxes for some users. Exim seems to write the mailboxes in a
non BSD-format, but Pine complains that the box is not a valid mailbox
format. The options I've got in my configure file are:

in the Transports:
local_mbx:
        driver = appendfile
        file = /var/mail/${local_part}
        delivery_date_add
        envelope_to_add
        return_path_add
        group = mail
        mode = 0660
        mbx_format
        prefix =
        suffix =

and in the Directors:
local_mbx:
        driver = localuser
        transport = local_mbx
        require_files = +${home}/.wantmbx

... which as far as I can tell, should deliver in MBX format to those
users who have a .wantmbx file in their home directories...

Anyone had any similar problems... or can anyone see any obvious mistakes?

Thanks.

Scot