[Exim] lookups deferring in sender_reject

Author: Steve Haslam
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] lookups deferring in sender_reject
Hm, a quick experiments suggests that if a lookup referenced in
sender_reject defers, then the sender is rejected permanently rather
than temporarily... a bug? too hard to fix easily?

steve@??? in sender_reject? yes (lookup deferred: ldap;ldap)
550 rejected: administrative prohibition

OK, I accept that the situation arose because of a config mistake, but
this doesn't seem to be nice failure behaviour...

SRH
--
Steve Haslam, Production Engineer, Excite UK     steve.haslam@???
                               i sit and stare at the gun pointed at my head