RE: [Exim] DNS lookup by default, why?

Author: Chan Cao
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: RE: [Exim] DNS lookup by default, why?
No. Not at all. I don't think it's "defined at the OS level" as you
indicated. The default configure file or the default Exim behavior
is to use DNS only.

I did updated the hosts file and rearranged me /etc/nsswitch.conf
appropriately.

Well, I just want Exim to look in the hosts file first for the "A"
record of an Exchange server then fall back to DNS. The clipping
I included from the Exim manual indicated that I'd lose "MX processing"
by doing that.

Thanks for your help.

Chan