Re: [Exim] Freezing/Holding Mail

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Freezing/Holding Mail
Quoth Paul Matthews on Mon, Dec 20, 1999:
> Our exim box acts as a hub for all our campus email, sending it out
> to end hosts via smtp. Many of these will be turned off over the Xmas
> period. Is there an easy way to delay delivery for these hosts until
> the start of the new Year, ie. delay it for 10 days ? Do I use something
> like hold_domains or edit the retry rules for specific hosts ?

You _must_ edit the retry rules for these hosts so messages will
not bounce back. Then, it will be nice to edit hold_domains to
avoid retries, but only if you know when the host will go down
and when it will be back up. Otherwise, just change the retry
rules to retry every once in a long while (like 8 hours).

Vadik.

--
Time is an illusion.  Lunchtime doubly so.
    -- Ford Prefect