[Exim] Checking Date header

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nicholas Blackaby
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Checking Date header
Hello,

I have been investigating a POP related problem (the University of
Washington POP server reports "IMAP toolkit crash: header size
inconsistant" and the affected users are effectively unable to download
their new mail from the POP server). After some investigation, I have
discovered that the problem seems to be due to the presence of messages
(within the user's /var/mail/<username> file ) with non-RFC822 compliant
or nonsense "Date:" headers. The later category includes a message dated
"2021" which may be due to the two-digit year "21" being transformed by
some Y2K-bodge somewhere.

My question is: using Exim 2.12, is it possible for me to configure
Exim on my MTAs so that it bounces mail containing non-RFC822 compliant
and other nonsense "Date:" headers? Ideally the sender should receive an
explanation with the bounced message. Alternatively, how do I configure
Exim to rewrite duff "Date:" headers?

Best wishes,
Nick.
--
Nicholas D. Blackaby            Email: N.D.Blackaby@???
Information Systems, ISLS       Phone: 0171 911 5000 (ext. 3824)