Re: [Exim] timeout - smtp_receive_timeout ?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Bernard Stern
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] timeout - smtp_receive_timeout ?
On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Bernard Stern wrote:

> telnet myhost 25
> mail from: baduser@baddomain
> 250 reject all recipients: 3 times bad sender <baduser@baddomain>
> rcpt to: stern@???
> 550 cannot route to sender address <baduser@baddomain>
>
> Now I don't type anything, expecting myhost to close down the connection
> after the time configured in smtp_receive_timeout, which is 60s.
> However, the connection remains eternally (well I'm not really sure wether
> it's actually that long) open.

How very, very weird. I have reproduced this behaviour using exactly
your example. It is weird, because if you just connect to port 25 and
type nothing, it does correctly time out in due course. Since it uses
the same function to read SMTP commands, it is odd that it loses the
timeouts on this one, but no doubt there is some explanation. I will
investigate further and let you know the outcome in due course.

Thanks for the report.