Re: [Exim] *Official* exim rpm

Top Pagina
Auteur: Mark Bergsma
Aan: nbecker
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] *Official* exim rpm
On 2 Dec 1999 nbecker@??? wrote:

> I think we can really help to encourage the usage of exim in the linux
> community if an RPM package was available at the exim.org site. I
> propose that exim.spec together with the three small patches be
> included in a packaging subdirectory of the exim tar. Also, maybe a
> place to put the source RPM can be provided on the exim.org site.

Official or not, I try to keep up with new Exim releases and maintain
these RPM's as good as I can. They can always be found at
http://www.mbergsma.demon.nl/RPMS/

> Mark Bergsma <mark@???> has already provided an
> excellent RPM package that I'm using with RH6.1. The only thing I
> would personally change is that the default config file uses procmail
> - I suggest the default should be simpler and have fewer external
> dependencies.

I agree that procmail is superfluous when using Exim, but I designed my
RPM with RedHat systems in mind, where procmail is the default mda. It is
there to make sure that old procmail setups don't break when upgrading to
Exim.

But maybe you're right, maybe I should leave this to the site
administrator to decide.

Mark
--
mark@???

Linux 2.2.13 on an i586
9:30pm up 4 days, 2:42, 2 users, load average: 0.65, 0.25, 0.10