Re: [Exim] Exim 3.11 eximon query

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: John Horne
CC: Exim Users List
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim 3.11 eximon query
On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, John Horne wrote:

> Having installed version 3.11 onto the mailhub and gone through
> 'NewStuff-3.10' I have a minor question. Fix 18 for version 3.091 states:
>
>    'An explanation to the long-standing problem of eximon menus not working
>    when num-lock is set has been received, and a workaround implemented.'

> Could I ask what the solution was? My vague memory from a long time ago was
> that it had to do with the xmodmap settings for the num-lock?

From the source file:

/* The translation manager sets up passive grabs for the menu popups as a
result of MenuPopup(), but the grabs match only the exact modifiers listed,
hence combinations with and without caps-lock and num-lock must be given,
rather than just one "Shift<Btn1Down>" (or whatever menu_event is set to),
despite the fact that that notation (without a leading !) should ignore the
state of other modifiers. Thanks to Kevin Ryde for this information, and for
the function above that discovers which modifier is Num Lock, because it turns
out that it varies from server to server. */

So basically it is a buglet in the X libraries that can be worked around.