Re: [EXIM] exim 3.X autoreply text with Chinese characters

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: cwlin
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] exim 3.X autoreply text with Chinese characters
<-- Warning: charset 'x-user-defined' is not supported -->

Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 cwlin@??? wrote:
>
> >    It will make autoreply does not accept any Chinese characters in
> >    "text". I do not know why exim does not accept non-printing
> >    characters in autoreply text.

> Have you noticed the option called "print_topbitchars"? If you set it,
> Exim will consider characters in the range 128-255 to be printing
> characters.

    It works! Thank you.

> It shouldn't be dangerous for "text", but it will cut out the string
> expansion as well as the printing character test. The test is there as a
> safety measure really for "text". For other options such as "From",
> "To", etc. the check is to make the message to conform to RFC 822, which
> only permits printing characters in header lines.

    Here, we often get mail that uses 8bit string in "Subject" line.
  Sendmail and exim accept 8bit subject. 8bit subject does not conform
  RFC, but it is real case. :) OK. Anyway, thank you very much.

--

Ching-Wei LIN / ?L?[??
cwlin@???. http://cwlin.seed.net.tw