Re: [EXIM] exim 3.X autoreply text with Chinese characters

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: cwlin
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] exim 3.X autoreply text with Chinese characters
On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 cwlin@??? wrote:

>    It will make autoreply does not accept any Chinese characters in
>    "text". I do not know why exim does not accept non-printing
>    characters in autoreply text.

Have you noticed the option called "print_topbitchars"? If you set it,
Exim will consider characters in the range 128-255 to be printing
characters.

>    Could we skip the checkexpand for "text" ? Is it dangerout
>    if we accept non-printing characters in "text"? Or could
>    you change the code at next version of exim? :)

It shouldn't be dangerous for "text", but it will cut out the string
expansion as well as the printing character test. The test is there as a
safety measure really for "text". For other options such as "From",
"To", etc. the check is to make the message to conform to RFC 822, which
only permits printing characters in header lines.

>    ps. Exim is the best MTA in internet.

Thank you!