Re: [Exim] Re: smtp auth

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Christof Meerwald
Para: ggabor
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: smtp auth
On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 13:52:03 +0100 (CET), Gabor Gludovatz wrote:
>/etc/pam.d/exim:
>
>auth       required   pam_unix.so nullok
>account    required   pam_unix.so
>session    required   pam_unix.so

>from the log:
>
>Nov 29 13:45:55 coyote PAM_unix[791]: authentication failure; (uid=8) ->
>corax for exim service

Do you use shadow passwords? Maybe pam_unix (as it runs within the exim
process and therefore with the same uid) can't access the shadow passwords
file (normally only root or group shadow may read /etc/shadow).

I just checked the Linux-PAM-0.69 source: it uses a helper application
(unix_chkpwd which may be setuid root) if you are not root but as far as I
can tell from the sources, it doesn't work as it should...

So you have two options: run exim as root or report a bug for Linux-PAM...
(and wait for it to get fixed)

bye, Christof

--
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep until noon!