[Exim] Re: smtp auth

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Gabor Gludovatz
Para: Christof Meerwald
CC: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: smtp auth
On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Christof Meerwald wrote:

> >I want to do smtp auth with real usernames and passwords. How can I look
> >up and check the user in the password/shadow file? I compiled exim with
> >pam support, I think I have to do it with pam but how? I didn't find
> >anything in spec.txt.
> You just have to configure PAM for exim (this should be explained in your
> Linux-PAM documentation...). Just create a file /etc/pam.d/exim which should
> look like this:
>
> auth        required   pam_unix_auth.so
> account     required   pam_unix_acct.so

> or maybe
>
> auth        required   pam_pwdb.so
> account     required   pam_pwdb.so

from my exim.conf:

fixed_login:
  driver = plaintext
  public_name = LOGIN
  server_prompts = "User Name : Password"
  server_condition = "\
      ${if pam {$1:$2}{yes}{no}}"
  server_set_id = $1

/etc/pam.d/exim:

auth       required   pam_unix.so nullok
account    required   pam_unix.so
session    required   pam_unix.so

from the log:

Nov 29 13:45:55 coyote PAM_unix[791]: authentication failure; (uid=8) ->
corax for exim service

I started exim with -bd -d3. here is the output:

[...]
fixed_login authenticator:
$1 = corax
$2 = xxxxxxx
expanded string: no
535 Incorrect authentication data
LOG: 0 MAIN REJECT
Authentication failed for localhost (g) [127.0.0.1]: 535 Incorrect
authentication data

I made a mistake somewhere but where?

Gabor

--