[Exim] Delaying mail delivery by hours

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Delaying mail delivery by hours
Hi!

Is there any way to have messages sent to a specific local address
delayed by - say - 24 hours?

Rationale: I do a lot of Usenet and _hate_ "courtesy copies", the
e-mail messages generated when people using "modern" software like OE
or Netscape send you a copy of their Usenet articles by e-mail to
shove your nose into their answer.

I post my Usenet articles with a different From: address and would
like to have e-mails sent to that address delayed by 24 hours. That
would give the Usenet incarnation of the article a chance to propagate
to my system, increasing the possibility that I see the Usenet version
first and don't answer inadvertently to the private e-mail.

Unfortunately, you can't judge from the mail headers if the message is
a "courtesy copy" or not.

Any chance to do that with exim? Retry settings, maybe?

Greetings
Marc