Re: [Exim] Replacing sendmail on RH 6.0

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Stuart Children
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Replacing sendmail on RH 6.0
On Sun, 14 Nov 1999 16:28:56 +0200, Vadim Vygonets (vadik@???)
wrote:

> > Not the way I've got exim configured. Mail that had been completely
> > delivered to local users sits in /var/spool/exim, not
> > /var/spool/mail. This is how I want it to behave.
>
> Why?

Because.

If you've got a reason why not, please state it - then I explain my
reasoning better. I assume however, that you're referring to the possible
problems that Otavio alluded to. As I said in my reply to his message, I
don't have users with names that could cause problems. I just prefer to
have all the exim things together. There's no real reason why I couldn't
seperate the exim and mail spools... but why should I if there's no
problem with my setup? To be complete safe? Sure, but I'm not that
worried on this particular system.

[lots of other quoted bits snipped - please do likewise in your replies]

Cheers,

- Stuart -