Re: [Exim] Replacing sendmail on RH 6.0

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Friso Kuipers
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Replacing sendmail on RH 6.0

On 13 Nov, Stuart Children wrote:

> The problem is the program that looks to see if you have any mail when you
> login (and so reports "You have new mail." or "No mail.". Can someone
> please let me know what does this, and how it is configured (if it needs
> to be be recompiled, that's no problem). It is looking in
> /var/spool/mail, which is no longer the correct place on my system. I've
> been suggested symlinking /var/spool/mail to /var/spool/exim, and this
> works fine. I'm not completely happy however, as I like to know why
> things are behaving as they are.

Your shell does this. I guess you use /bin/bash (default on many Linux
distro's). Normally bash looks every minute in /var/spool/mail/$USER
for new mail. You can change this behaviour in /etc/profile systemwide
or in /home/$USER/.profile by setting the $MAIL and/or $MAILPATH
variable, if I remember correctly. See man bash.

Regards,
Friso Kuipers.