Re: [Exim] Replacing sendmail on RH 6.0

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Otavio Exel
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Replacing sendmail on RH 6.0
Stuart Children wrote:

> The problem is the program that looks to see if you have any mail when
> you login (and so reports "You have new mail." or "No mail.". Can
> someone please let me know what does this, and how it is configured
> (if it needs to be be recompiled, that's no problem). It is looking
> in /var/spool/mail, which is no longer the correct place on my system.
> I've been suggested symlinking /var/spool/mail to /var/spool/exim, and
> this works fine. I'm not completely happy however, as I like to know
> why things are behaving as they are.

assuming you are using bash, look for MAILPATH in 'man bash';

btw: you did not mention where is the exim spool directory in your
system; I gather that /var/spool/exim is acting as both the exim spool
AND the mail spool; if this is correct I hope there are no users with
username 'db' or 'input' or 'msglog' in your system :-)

beers,

--
Otavio Exel /<\oo/>\ oexel@???