Re: [Exim] 1. A contrib, and 2. A question.

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dave C.
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] 1. A contrib, and 2. A question.
Looks very similar to mine, with a few variations. ;) One thing I did
for -owner and owner-, is just direct them immediately to the
transport, rather than redirect them through the -admin address. I
don't know if this constitutes a signifigant improvement or not.

On a sort of unrelated note, one thing that has always bugged me about
exim is that while there is a 'queryprogram' router, permitting me
pretty much unlimited flexibility if I can code an exectuable in pretty
much any language I can, there is no equivalent functionality for
directors. There is of course embed_perl, but 1. Only works with perl
(which I don't happen to currently be fluent in), and 2. It wasn't
compiled into the RPM I'm using. And it really isn't the same thing
anyway.

Does anyone else think it would be nice to have a 'queryprogram'
director, which could be specified as any executable one wanted, would
get passed all variables/etc that exim had, and would be permitted to
specify if accepted an address passed to it, capable of specifying a
transport, and also a 'director_option', similar to the 'route_option'
that the queryprogram router has. It would also be good if one could
specify the UID, GID, and pwd to use for execution.

I recognize that this would probably be a quite inefficient way to
direct, but it would permit things which were otherwise not possible,
and for low-traffic sites or domains would work just fine.