Re: [Exim] critique on config

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] critique on config
Quoth Peter Galbavy on Thu, Nov 11, 1999:
> Before anything else, I forgot to add that the "localdomains" lookup
> also had a second field of "userid":
>
>     example.com    abc001

Yes, and it's also good to have:
    *.example.com:    abc001
and do partial lookup.  That's what I do in my hairy config,
because I want to be able to get mail to *.hairy.bofh.is,
*.vygo.net, *.ninio.org (he says hi), etc.

> Damned good point. Hmm. How to weigh up the convenience for those who
> want it against those who don't. Maybe I will put a test in that
> checks for the existence of the mailbox beforehand. Sound about right.

Yes. Do the users have shell accounts? If they don't, how will
they be able to "touch" (create) mailboxes?

> check_ancestor is one of the options that I *still* can't get to grips
> with. I will try again, if it helps solve this one. I assume it boils
> down to "do this just once".

No. "Don't overdo it".

Vadik.

--
The Consultant's Curse:
    When the customer has beaten upon you long enough, give him