Re: [Exim] critique on config

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Peter Galbavy
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] critique on config
Before anything else, I forgot to add that the "localdomains" lookup
also had a second field of "userid":

    example.com    abc001

On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 02:46:04AM +0200, Vadim Vygonets wrote:
> Quoth Peter Galbavy on Wed, Nov 10, 1999:
> >     user+mailbox@??? ->
> >     /u/abc/abc001/domains/example.com/mail/boxes/user/mailbox

> One comment, though: I don't really know much about IMAP, but IMO
> creating mailboxes on the fly is not advisable. I mean, how can
> a user know that he suddenly became a proud owner of ten more
> mailboxes, only because someone sent him mail to user+foo@domain,
> user+bar@domain, etc.?

Damned good point. Hmm. How to weigh up the convenience for those who
want it against those who don't. Maybe I will put a test in that
checks for the existence of the mailbox beforehand. Sound about right.

> filter_slashes:
> driver = smartuser
> suffix = +*
> condition = "${if match{$local_part_suffix}{/}{yes}}"
> fail_verify
> # ^^^^^^^^^^^ or something
>
> Note the "or something" pseudo-comment. It's an undocumented
> directove present in Exim versions 3.089 and later, implementing
> an experimental DWIM mechanism.
>
> ... Or you can put a reverse condition on your other directors.

Yeah. Hey, what's "suffix = " ? I seem to remember it from the docs.
Maybe that would help the pattern match go quicker ? Is there a prefix =
too ? Don't answer that - I will RTFM.

> You can set check_ancestor on your aliasfile director and create
> an alias file like:
>
> sales:    sales
> *:    some@???

check_ancestor is one of the options that I *still* can't get to grips
with. I will try again, if it helps solve this one. I assume it boils
down to "do this just once".

> To err is human, to moo bovine.

Baah. Mad cow disease ? Not me, I'm a sheep.

Thanks,
--
Peter Galbavy
Knowledge Matters Ltd