Re: [Exim] lookups - error messages...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Horne
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] lookups - error messages...
On 11-Nov-99 at 11:14:23 Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, robert rotman wrote:
>> as i read in the docs the "errors_to" redirect the error message.
>> how can i set an option that sends an "additional errors_to" (eg.
>> do the adminioistrator and the sender)?
>
> Setting "errors_to" redirects the error message *for any future errors*
> on the associated address. Such errors need not be detected by Exim at
> this time - the message may get sent off to other hosts before an error
> is detected. Only a single "errors address" can be sent with a message
> over SMTP. So you can't set up anything to do what you want.

It may be worth making the point that delivery confirmations are (?) sent as
"error messages" as well. Setting the 'errors_to' caused them to go awry.
In our case back to the postmaster :-) I can't remember exactly what the
RFC's and latest updates say regarding this, but as far as I recall this was
the correct action. The error was on my part in setting 'errors_to' and
mis-reading the manual! :-)

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK             Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne@???
Finger for PGP key: john@???