Re: [Exim] critique on config

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] critique on config
Quoth Peter Galbavy on Wed, Nov 10, 1999:
>     user+mailbox@??? ->
>     /u/abc/abc001/domains/example.com/mail/boxes/user/mailbox

One comment, though: I don't really know much about IMAP, but IMO
creating mailboxes on the fly is not advisable. I mean, how can
a user know that he suddenly became a proud owner of ten more
mailboxes, only because someone sent him mail to user+foo@domain,
user+bar@domain, etc.?

> I am worried by the later "+mailbox" extension in the case of idiot
> kiddies mailing to user+../../doh@??? etc. How can I filter
> these types of patterns "trivially" ?

You can somehow filter them out (and kill them, redirect them
somewhere, etc.) by doing something like:

filter_slashes:
driver = smartuser
suffix = +*
condition = "${if match{$local_part_suffix}{/}{yes}}"
fail_verify
# ^^^^^^^^^^^ or something

Note the "or something" pseudo-comment. It's an undocumented
directove present in Exim versions 3.089 and later, implementing
an experimental DWIM mechanism.

... Or you can put a reverse condition on your other directors.

> Let me try that again: If I want to deliver sales@??? to a
> local mailbox, but everything else to be forwarded, can I do this in
> one "alias" style file ?

You can set check_ancestor on your aliasfile director and create
an alias file like:

sales:    sales
*:    some@???

> TIA to all who got this far in reading - here's the file.

A very nice configuration.

Vadik.

--
To err is human, to moo bovine.