[Exim] address control 'a la' Isode PP

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Bruno Vuillemin
Para: exim-users
CC: Bruno.Vuillemin
Asunto: [Exim] address control 'a la' Isode PP
It's time to prepare for an upgrade from exim-1.82 :-)
468 days uptime !!

I read the doc and the list : I can't figure out what is the best way
to experiment.

As a former PP site we'd like to behave like it did about address
control, at least in the configuration we used.

More details :
Mails from outside : reject mails sent to unknown addresses within our domains.
    we want to reject ANY address in the TO field that is
    not in a file (in the future maybe LDAP). If possible
        rejection should occur when negotiating the RCPT command.

    example : foo@??? should be rejected
                  root@??? should be rejected
          postmaster@??? should be accepted
          Bruno.Vuillemin@??? should be accepted

    aim : mail entering our domains have a real recipient
          we are tired of MTAs refusing non-delivery-returns

Mails from inside : reject mails send with incorrect parameters (from)
    we want to reject ANY address in the FROM field that is
        not in a file (in the future maybe LDAP). If possible
        rejection should occur when negotiating the FROM command.

    examples: the sames but in the FROM field.

    aim : mail leaving our domains have official addresses
----
From the doc point 6.3 page 33 : Use of data lookups,
I figure out that some thing should be possible
with a system filter and string expansion (and file lookups),
or with the help of a driver and for example the local-part option
even if the rejection of root@???, XX representing any
computer is not so easy to manage.
----

Thank you for any comments
Bruno Vuillemin

Bruno.Vuillemin@???          {post/ftp/cache/news/unix}master@???
Service Informatique              tel (0(041)26)300.7206
Universite de Fribourg            fax (0(041)26)300.9704
{Schweiz/Suisse/Svizzera/Svizra/  Switzerland}