Re: [Exim] urgh... how to kill exim :(

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: The Flying Hamster
Cc: Exim Users list
Asunto: Re: [Exim] urgh... how to kill exim :(
On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, The Flying Hamster wrote:

> 385846T To: "Du Plessis, Yolande" <ydplessis@???>,
>         &&10
>          <&&10@???>, &&11 <&&11@???>,
>         &&12
>          <&&12@???>, &&13 <&&13@???>,
>         &&15
>          <&&15@???>, &&16 <&&16@???>,
>         &&17
>          <&&17@???>, &&2 <&&2@???>,
>         &&3
>          <&&3@???>, &&4 <&&4@???>,
>         &&5
>          <&&5@???>, &&6 <&&6@???>,
>         &&7
>          <&&7@???>, &&8 <&&8@???>,
>         &&9
>          <&&9@???>, &&a <&&a@???>,
>         &&aa
>          <&&aa@???>, &&AAA <&&AAA@???>,
>         &&b
>          <&&b@???>, &&BB <&&BB@???>,
>         &&C
>          <&&C@???>, &&CC <&&CC@???>,
>         &&d
>          <&&d@???>, &&DD <&&DD@???>,
>         &&E
> --8<--

> and so on for about 360k....
>
> (Full headers available on request)
>
> The result of this mail hitting relay was to have a exim process try to
> grab 100M of ram... now imagine three hitting at once :(
>
> Not sure there's a fix or a config option I can tweak (reading docs now)
> but this might be something other people haven't seen.

You can put

HEADER_MAXSIZE=xxxx

in your Local/Makefile, and rebuild Exim. This value is the maximum
space allowed for all the header lines. The default is 1024*1024, that
is, one megabyte. I didn't think this was very large, so I can't quite
see where the 100M comes from. Is there perhaps some rewriting involved?