Re: [Exim] load balancing on out going mail ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: michael
A: exim-users, mdm
Asunto: Re: [Exim] load balancing on out going mail ?
> That is, if I had a message going to 100,000 recipients, I would want to
> send the first 100 (max_rcpt) addresses to HOSTA, the second 100 to HOSTB,
> the third 100 to HOSTC, etc. etc. and then cycle back to the first host in
> a list, until all receipents had been sent to the smarthost for delivery.

You can use DNS RR sets for load balancing, which is what I do, but
I don't know how to tell Exim not to use one TCP connection for all
recipients.

I wrote a bulk mail program for that purpose. Basically, it takes
a message, a hostname and an LDAP URL and sends the message to all
recipients specified by the LDAP URL, looping over all IPs that the host
resolves to. The load balancing works really well. The bulk mailer
reads the message into memory first and it is quite efficient.

I use that tool to send mail to all postmasters of local domains or to
all members of a mailing list that is managed via LDAP. I could make
the source available, if you would like to hack it for your purposes,
but it's just a few lines of C that are easily written down. [tm] :)

Michael