[Exim] Re: Problem... the exim extension of recipient

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Darcy Roberto Ganga
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: Problem... the exim extension of recipient
On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Darcy Roberto Ganga wrote:

> As you can see using sendmail does not throw error to me

[snip]

> for <dganga@???>/name=Darcy_Ganga/com=XYZ/fax=2323454/voice=2432344;

Good Grief! Is this true for all versions of Sendmail? Are there any
sendmail experts out there who can verify this?

Sigh. I've just tried it on a sendmail system. It does seem to work.

> rcpt to:<dganga@???>/name=Darcy_Ganga/com=XYZ/fax=1234566/voice=8237452

As I read RFC 821, that is a totally illegal piece of data. RFC 821
defines the RCPT command as

            RCPT <SP> TO:<forward-path> <CRLF>

and <forward-path> is just an address. There is no place in that syntax
for any text after the final > character.

What does Sendmail do with the additional data? Does it ignore it? You
can make Exim ignore it by using the 'S' rewriting flag to rewrite such
addresses at SMTP time. However, the additional data will then be thrown
away and not even logged.

Government Policy: If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.