Re: [Exim] Configuring exim for home use

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Configuring exim for home use
Quoth Mark N. Pickelmann on Sat, Nov 06, 1999:
> Godd Day:

Night, actually. And it's indeed good.

> I am trying to configure exim 3.03 for a little network I have at home. I
> want to send mail to local accounts and to outside (but have the user and
> domain changed to my ISP account)

Two important questions:

1. Do you want to send mail to your ISP account from home, or are
your local (i.e., on your home machine) address and other
people's addresses sufficient?

2. Are the local parts of your e-mail addresses (usually the same
as your login names) on your home machine and at your ISP the
same?

> Things seem to work fine except on mail going
> to the outside. I setup a filter to change the user name and domain to
> my ISP account.

How do you do it?

> However most of the
> outgoing mail gets bounced back before the filter is run with the error:
> SMTP<< 501 <user@???>... Sender domain must exist
>
> In short does anyone have a config file for this situtation?

Hans Matzen and I are working on such configuration. We will
post it when it's ready. If you want to see what we have now,
mail me.

> I tried
> C016 it did not seem to work for my version.

C016? Andromeda's configuration with virtual domains? What has
it got to do with it?

Vadik.

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of troff, for it is subtle and quick
to anger.