Re: [Exim] max_parallel and queue runners

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] max_parallel and queue runners
Quoth Stuart Lynne on Sat, Nov 06, 1999:
> Yes we can split it up into multiple messages.

But if you do it, try to keep all recipients in one remote domain
in one copy of the message.

> If necessary I can also reduce the number of queue runners and up max_parallel
> as well.

If you have lots of recipients, you need to realize that routing
is still done sequentially in the beginning of delivery, so
upping max_parallel does not help to speed up routing, which can
take long time to complete if your recipients are on lots of
different remote domains. Splitting message into multiple
messages will help.

> There is certainly sufficent flexibility come up with a comfortable
> solution.

Yup. This is one of the good things about Exim.

Vadik.

--
Taunt not the sysadmin, for he can become you and make your life
interesting.