Re: [Exim] Compiling Exim With Cygwin?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: Jason Bucata
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Compiling Exim With Cygwin?
If these boxes are dedicated for email, why on earth are they running
NT anyway? You should just queue off any mail they currently have, and
install an OS more suited to the task of handling Internet email. You
can either use a free OS such as Linux or Free/Open/Net BSD, which the
budget department will like, or if the PHB's want a 'commercial' OS
with someone they can sue, SCO and Solaris are two I can think of.
NT is probably about the WORST platform to handle Internet email on. I
think even Macs are better, although I have no experience with Mac
email. Using a unix MTA on an NT box is only half right - why not be
100% right and go with a unix platform and a real MTA?