Re: [Exim] Vacation Tool

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Bruce Bowler
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Vacation Tool
At 04:09 PM 10/27/99 +0200, Vadim Vygonets wrote:
>Quoth Sascha E. Pollok on Wed, Oct 27, 1999:
>> I wonder if there is a fine vacation tool somewhere that works
>> good with exim?!
>
>Check out "vacation" in the Exim filtering mechanism.
>
>> The requirements are e.g. that I can't use .vacation files because
>> the users don't have an own home directory
>
>In this case, you can change the parameters "file", "log", and
>"once".
>
>Also, you can set up a forwardfile director which will
>check if the vacation message file is present and call the exim
>filter file. For example,
>
>vacation_forward:
> driver = forwardfile
> file_transport = address_file
> pipe_transport = address_pipe
> reply_transport = address_reply
> no_verify
> check_ancestor
> check_local_user
> require_files = /var/exim/vacations/${local_part}
> file = /cs/exim/scripts/vacation_filter
> syntax_errors_to = postmaster
> owners = root:exim
> filter

And for those of us who aren't fully "fluent" in exim filters, what would
the filter look like? Is it as simple as

    vacation

or should it be

    if personal then vacation

or should it be "something else" (if so, what???)?

Does the 'once' option on the vacation command automatically create the
data bases or does it need to be created manually?

Bruce

Bruce Bowler                             207.633.9600 (voice)
Research Associate                       207.633.9641 (fax)
Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences    bbowler@???
West Boothbay Harbor ME  04575           http://www.bigelow.org/