Re: [Exim] maildir Vs. mbox

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: michael
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] maildir Vs. mbox
> Since the maildir concept is used by qmail, I believe that the qmail
> popper will support ist. I have, however, not seen any installation
> using that combination. I'd love to hear about experiences though.

I use maildirs with a modified qmail pop daemon and it works great.
I can't acknowledge the performance complaints I read about. Maildir gets
quite slow with with many mails per mailbox and mbox does as well for
a large total mailbox size. Maildir allows quick mail deletion, which
is important. Not having to quote \nFrom is a big advantage.

I do not have a problem with inodes, because similar to older news
systems, I used a higher inode count when I made the file system.

All in all, I like maildir more than mailbox, especially for very large
systems.

Michael