RE: [Exim] CDB problem?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Horne
A: Exim Users List
Asunto: RE: [Exim] CDB problem?
On 27-Sep-99 at 14:15:25 John Horne wrote:
> We have been using CDB (vers. 0.55) for our lookup files for sometime now
> with no problems. We upgraded exim to 3.03 (from 3.02) a short while ago
> and now occasionally we find entries being omitted from the CDB database
> file. I'm not too sure what the problem is, but has anyone else had a
> problem with CDB and exim 3.03?

The script we use to build the cdb files had no checking in it that anyone
else was trying to rebuild the file at the same time. Whilst CDB would be
'atomic' in its process of moving the temporary file to the live, I could
find nothing about the temporary file being locked in any way itself. I
included a simple check in the script to see if the temporary file exists,
and if so error that someone was already building the file.

It is my conclusion that the problem arose from two people trying to rebuild
tables (we use about 5 different cdb files but only one script to build
them) at the same time. We have had no problems since then.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK             Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne@???
Finger for PGP key: john@???