Re: [Exim] CDB problem?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jim Knoble
A: Exim Users List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] CDB problem?
John--

For something that handles exim's aliases format and converts it
properly through cdbmake, look at `aliases2cdbm' at:

http://www.pobox.com/~jmknoble/software/index.html

(Note that it's been a while since i updated the RPMs, so they're
likely to be built for Red Hat 4.x).

I'm not aware of general problems with aliases being omitted; my first
choice to blame for any such problems would be the agent that generates
the CDB files, or that provides input for cdbmake.

Aliases2cdbm in particular does a good job of emitting warnings for
ill-formatted alias lines that cdbmake by itself won't catch.

--jim

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% jim knoble %%%%%%%% jmknoble@??? %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

På 1999-Sep-27 klokka 15:15:25 +0100 skrivet John Horne:

: We have been using CDB (vers. 0.55) for our lookup files for sometime
: now with no problems. We upgraded exim to 3.03 (from 3.02) a short
: while ago and now occasionally we find entries being omitted from the
: CDB database file. I'm not too sure what the problem is, but has anyone
: else had a problem with CDB and exim 3.03?
:
: We have had no problems before with exim and CDB at all (if anything it
: was one of our better moves!). I shall attempt to rewrite the small
: program we have to build the CDB files (using cdbmake) to see if I'm
: doing anything funny in there, but no changes have occurred to the
: program since it was first used (it doesn't do that much!) If we
: rebuild the CDB file(s) after finding an omitted user then it seems to
: work okay - i.e. the entry gets correctly added to the file.