Re: [Exim] Reject log: "cannot route to sender"??

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dave C.
Para: Hugh Sasse
CC: EXIM users list
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Reject log: "cannot route to sender"??

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Hugh Sasse wrote:

> Nearly all of the entries that were in my reject log have "cannot route to
> sender" in them. I have:
>
> receiver_try_verify = true
> sender_try_verify = true
> headers_sender_verify = true
> sender_verify_reject = true
> sender_verify_fixup = true
>
> but the message is not about verification failure as such. The addresses
> look reasonable to me. I cannot find the string "cannot route to sender"
> in the Spec or FAQ. Where should I be looking to find out what is going
> on here?

See if there is an MX record for the sending domain. "Cannot route to
sender" means that exim, if it was trying to send mail to that address,
would be unable to do so (either the domain doesnt exist or has no
valid MX/A, etc)

You should paste in a section so we can do real checking (dont omit the
sender address.