Re: [Exim] Reject log: "cannot route to sender"??

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: yann.golanski
Para: Hugh Sasse
CC: EXIM users list
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Reject log: "cannot route to sender"??
Quoting Hugh Sasse (Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 12:08:03PM +0100)
> > Quoting Hugh Sasse (Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 10:20:44AM +0100)
> > > Nearly all of the entries that were in my reject log have "cannot route to
> > > sender" in them. I have:
> > Have you tried using exim -d 9 -bh <IP> and seeing what outpout you are
> > getting? generaly this is VERY usefull for spotting those things.
> Not sure how this will help here.

Find the IP of the sender that got rejected and use that as a test. It
should give you all the info you need.

> macondo is our mail hub,
> and I have lots of successful connections to it. Mail routed
> to outside sites always goes out from my machine via macondo,
> so mail to user@???, for example, will be routed via
> macondo anyway, so exim -bh 146.227.1.4 will be fine. The logs
> had, among others: (usernames ####'ed out unless I mssed some):

Ah, confusion here... -bh masquerade as the sender's IP. If you want to
see how this mail got to you, find out what the IP is for
theplanet.net's MX record and use that IP. There are given below to
compare to your DNS.

; host theplanet.net
theplanet.net has address 195.92.18.65
theplanet.net mail is handled (pri=5) by mailcore.theplanet.net
theplanet.net mail is handled (pri=2) by titan.theplanet.co.uk

> so it would succeed now, but I cannot tell why it didn't then. I can
> only guess that there was a temporary dns failure so it could not
> find macondo.dmu.ac.uk, but I have no evidence to support this, only
> that dns seems wobbly at times.

Might well be. Generally it takes about 24 hours for DNS to propagate
all around the world.

> If it was something else, how can I
> know, unless I set logging to be always really high which I don't
> really want to do?

Nothing much realy... Unless you are prpare to accept mails with any
rubish in the From: filed. The eixm option is something like
no_rcpt_verfy? something like that.

--
Yann Golanski                                  Internet Systems Developer
yann.golanski@???                    The Planet Online