Re: [Exim] Everybody doesn't like something ...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Tomas Fasth
CC: Philip Hazel, Stanier, Alan M, 'a_stanier@hotmail.com', exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Everybody doesn't like something ...
On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Tomas Fasth wrote:

> Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
> >
> > Hmm. Just what we need. Transmission Status Notification. Yuck!
>
> <FLAME>
> Yes, well, what would you like to call a bounce then? If not a
> notification, then what?

What I was referring to was the something that provided notification when
a message was successfully passed off down the line. That is every
time some SMTP relay gets a "250 OK" it would send a notification to the
sender saying

"I just passed your message off to some other server which said OK"

That is what I said "Yuck" to. So that was a simple misunderstanding.

As for the substantive point of your flame, I will bow out of that
discussion, though I admit that you make a fairly persuasive case. Just
as long as I don't get bounces in APPLICATION/MS-TNEF

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814