Re: [Exim] Everybody doesn't like something ...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tomas Fasth
To: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: Philip Hazel, Stanier, Alan M, 'a_stanier@hotmail.com', exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Everybody doesn't like something ...
Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> Hmm. Just what we need. Transmission Status Notification. Yuck!
> (though there are some times when I would like such a thing, I don't
> want users to have it.)

<FLAME>
Yes, well, what would you like to call a bounce then? If not a
notification, then what? I don't understand this kind of attitude. We
can NEVER make a progress in this area as long as we think
notifications to be pretty printed with sofisticated articulation in
one specific language. It's a useless attitude for the non-english
speaking world. It HAS to be interpretable by machines so it can
translate to something users can understand INDEPENDENTLY of
preferred language at the MTA site. The fact that some people still
seem to live in the past where telnet against your SMTP and POP
servers was the interface to internet messaging, is not a good enough
argument to not use an available standard for delivery failure
notifications.
</FLAME>

Sorry about the burst of flame. I just had to get it off my chest.
<tomas/>