[Exim] Deferring outward-bound delivery

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David Cantrell
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Deferring outward-bound delivery
Hi folks

I have a problem with exim which I haven't managed to solve from the online manuals.

I run it on a machine on my LAN at home. All machines on the LAN connect to the outside world via routed ISDN, through a Cisco 700 series router. The problem is that whilst it _receives_ a day's worth of mail in a single batch from its secondary mail server, when I send mail out, it makes a connection and delivers immediately. Of course, this is _usually_ what you want but in my case, where I have to pay a minimum charge for each ISDN call - that minimum charge being the equivalent of about 4 minutes online - I end up paying a significant amount for what comes to about 5 seconds worth of data. And I do that for every message I send.

Is it possible to configure exim so that it only tries to connect to the outside world if there are more than a set number of messages to deliver? Or even better, to deliver outward-bound mail from a cron job which runs once a day?

--
David Cantrell, Sysadmin, barnyard.co.uk