Re: [Exim] Refuse relay in 2.05?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Refuse relay in 2.05?
Quoth Marten Berggren - LUB NetLab on Sat, Oct 02, 1999:
> I have problems getting exim 2.05 to refuse addresses like
> "victim@??? and target!victim@???
> according to mail-abuse.com (which only seems to check rejects
> at the SMTP-level?)

Just set the option receiver_try_verify (or
receiver_verify), and Exim will check local parts and, assuming
that you don't have local parts "victim@target" and
"target!victim", refuse them.

> Debian 2.1, Exim 2.05.

Upgrade Exim. I can't be bothered looking into my 2.00 manual
(which I still have) checking the options.

> Central mailhub. Incomming mail to localhost from anywhere should
> be relayed to hub as should any mail from local host, after being
> checked for .forward and aliases.

Do other hosts deliver mail locally?

> Suggestions are welcome. Do I need to upgrade?

Yes.

> orbs.org is haunting me.

Oh.

One of our friendly mail servers (the 'hairy' one) got tested by
ORBS lately. I have no idea who asked ORBS to test us.

Vadik.

--
Taunt not the sysadmin, for he can become you and make your life
interesting.