Re: [Exim] More on Reverse Lookups

Author: Peter Radcliffe
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] More on Reverse Lookups
Joel Rowbottom <joel@???> probably said:
> Now in the config file I have the following:
> relay_domains_include_local_mx
> relay_domains = "lsearch;/etc/mail/relaydomains"
> host_accept_relay = "lsearch;/etc/mail/relaydomains:195.82.96.0/19"
> forbid_domain_literals
>
> Surely the net in the host_accept_relay should take care of all this? I've
> just been through the spec and the maillist archives to try and find
> something to make exim "ignore" reverse lookups (in this case I think
> forbid_domain_literals has nothing to do with this sort of thing).

Spec section 7.16, Host lists;

] To change this behaviour, the special item '+allow_unknown' may appear in the
] list (at top level - it is not recognized in an indirected file); if any
] subsequent items require a host name, and the reverse DNS lookup fails, Exim
] permits the access, that is, its behaviour is the opposite to the default.

Is the host being matched by domain in lsearch;/etc/mail/relaydomains,
first ? That would require a name looup and without an +allow_unknown
would fail ...

Can't think of anything else ofhand that would cause that, but adding
+allow_unkown should get rid of it.

P.

--
pir               pir@???      pir@???      pir@???