[Exim] More on Reverse Lookups

Author: Joel Rowbottom
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] More on Reverse Lookups
Bizarre. I just upgraded one of our mail servers to exim 3.03 yesterday,
and we're now seeing:

1999-09-19 09:45:44 refused relay (host_accept_relay) to <blah@???>
from <joel@???> H=([195.82.115.131]) [195.82.115.131] (failed to
find host name from IP address)

Now in the config file I have the following:
relay_domains_include_local_mx
relay_domains = "lsearch;/etc/mail/relaydomains"
host_accept_relay = "lsearch;/etc/mail/relaydomains:195.82.96.0/19"
forbid_domain_literals

Surely the net in the host_accept_relay should take care of all this? I've
just been through the spec and the maillist archives to try and find
something to make exim "ignore" reverse lookups (in this case I think
forbid_domain_literals has nothing to do with this sort of thing).

Any help would be appreciated, TIA.

Joel.

--
Joel Rowbottom BSc (Hons) -  Opinions are not necessarily those of others
Technical Director, Mailbox Internet Ltd, UK  -  Self-confessed Unix geek