Re: [Exim] Problem solved

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Sendy
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problem solved
On Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 01:28:01AM +0200,
Sendy <sgr@???> is thought to have said:

> My (double) question about smarthosting and relaying is solved. It wasn't so difficult after all...
>
> But I have another question: In my logs are a lot af messages
> 1999-09-18 00:53:01 11ROBe-0000eb-00 Message is frozen
>
> like this. They originate from a while back when my mailsystem was very broken...
>
> These messages are in the exim msglog. Everytime exim makes a run it sees
> these files and logs all the errors. It s*cks
>
> How can I remove the files?

A cursory examination of the docs would show the option "-Mrm" which can be
used:

exim -Mrm 11ROBe-0000eb-00 [additional messageids]

etc.

> And one more question, is it my error that receiving mail from this exim maillinglist takes ages to arrive at my machine (mail from myself, like this one, returned to me took almost , well a lot of time. Look at the headers of such a message:

[snip]
> I sent it away at 01:03:13 +0200 (Yes it was very early... ;-) It reached
> some te maillinglist machine at 00:03:16 +0100, 3 seconds later. Then, it
> took them 11:39:30 - 00:03:16 time = about 11.5 hours to send this message
> back to me.

Because whatever address you the list mail is sent to is not the same as the
address you post from. Since the address you post from is not on the list, it
doesn't get sent to the list until one of the list admins approves it, as I did
in this case. We do try for better response times than 11.5 hours but sometimes
real world circumstances prevent that.

If you want your mail to go to the list immediately post from the address that
receives it. Reply offlist to exim-users-admin@??? if you need assistance.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality