[Exim] strange relay behaviour (exim 2.12)

Author: Alan Thew
To: Exim List
Subject: [Exim] strange relay behaviour (exim 2.12)
We've just finally replaced sendmail on our main spool machine with exim
(we've run exim on switching hubs for 2 years or so). I've decided to
stop internal users using this as a general smtp server and have seen
the expected `relay refused' messages but with one IP address I'm seeing
a series of refused messages but somehow exim then lets a message
through. Has anyone else seen this?

The only other possibly relevant data is that this user has tried also
to send large mail items which have been refused because they were over
the limit but before relay checks stopped it.

My main concern is that the main switching hubs may let the odd relay
attempt through...

Thanks

--
Alan Thew                                       alan.thew@???
Computing Services,University of Liverpool      Fax: +44 151 794-4442