Re: [Exim] it only works with degugging on

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Galbavy
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Phil Chambers, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] it only works with degugging on
On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 10:10:40AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > To try to diagnose the problem I started exim as "exim -bd -d9" and tried again,
> > but it then works (and generates hundreds of lines of debug info).
>
> Did you then try it again afterwards without -d9? (I'm wondering if,
> before you turned on the debugging, you had changed the configuration
> and forgotten to HUP the daemon.)

The problem I reported with UID's and YP was a similar thing. This is
not fixed in OpenBSD-current BTW, and was caused by the getpwent
routines in libc cacheing which YP map to get, master.passwd... if
euid root else plain old passwd...

There may be a similar OS / library cacheing issue, as exim does some
great gymnstics with UID/EUID switching :)

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy
Knowledge Matters Ltd